Here are some things I really miss about the US...
- The Rogers family!!!!
- Walmart with everything in one place and open 24/7
- Busicuits
- Fried chicken
- the carpet up the stairs to my bedroom
- the sunny weather
- cheap things, it's aweful expensive in Norway
- the coffehouse 235, and starbucks, with good coffe. People here don't get why I put sugar in my coffe.
- Kris and Leslies cooking... (ehh spagetti...hehe)
- playing with the kids, and having an excuse for beeing silly
- First Baptist church
- meeting new people all the time
- wearing summerclothes all the time
- I never thought I would say this, but I really miss talking english with people.
- geocaching with Becky
- polite people, who holds the doors for you and smile at you when you meet them. (Norwegians are really shy and rude sometimes...)
Some things I love about beeing back in Norway...
- I can go hiking in the mountains whenever
- I don't need to repeat my name, when I introduce myself
- norwegian chocolate
- I get to see the spring over again, because the seasons are later here.
- I can spend time with family and old friends. It's very nice that my brother and sister in law are next door neighbours. I also get to play games with my sister and brothers, something i love to do.
- My grandpa is very sick, so I get to visit him. I work in the same nursinghome so that's nice.
- two out of my three exams are over over and done with
- It's very easy to fix things. I could go to the health department and ask about my shots, and they ordered them right away, and I could come back two days later and get the first ones.
- it's less days untill I go to Kenya, and then hopefully come and visit people in the US after...
- My parents got wireless internet while I was gone, so I can check my emails even when Im home
- enjoying areas without any people or traffic. You go to the store, and there is nobody else in there. You don't even have to wait in line.
I love my country and my people, but it's very different to come back after so long. Sometimes I feel like a foreigner in my own country because I don't know the tv shows everyone talks about, or I haven't tried the latest stuff in the stores or even the humor is very different from the us. You kind of see pro and cons when you go somewhere and come back after a while. It's almost weird that I have been so used to everything.
1 kommentar:
Good for people to know.
Legg inn en kommentar