mandag 28. mai 2007

May 28th

It's my last day as a 20year old.... Yeah... let's party hardy! lol :-) People at work ask me all the time about how old I am. And when I tell them, they always say that I look much younger. I don't know if it's a good thing or not. but there is not so much I can do about it...not that it really bothers me.

Well there have been some stuff going on since last I wrote something. On Sunday morning my brother Gabriel were up in the mountains. He fell and broke a couple of bones in his foot. And it was so far up in the mountains that they couldn't get him down with a fourwheeler. So they ended up calling 113, (same as 911 in the US) and they came with a helicopter and picked him up. And then he had to have surgery when he arrived at the hospital. So he needs to wear a cast for the next 6 weeks. Not very good news when your are a carpenter and a farmer. So poor guy! One good thing is that we have taken all his sheep outside now, so he doesn't need to worry about feeding them.

This morning I saw a moose when I drove to work. He was standing like a king in a hill right above the road. They look very majestic. I wish I could have taken a picture, but I was driving, and my camera was in the back of the car.

It was a special 4day weekend and my all my brothers were home this weekend. They had a youth/college group summerparty on Saturday. It was amazing how many people that showed up. My town is very little, and there were maybe 40-50, which must be a new record. We were grilling, playing volleball and soccer and just hanging out.

And then Im working as much as possible. Some days I work both at the nursing home and the kitchen.

Well for now, have a good week!!!

3 kommentarer:

Leslie Rogers sa...

Gabriel, we are so sorry. When you are better the children would like to hear what it was like to be rescued by a helicopter. You may be hurt....but you are famous. ;)

Aud - it is 11:29 here on the 28th and your birthday in Norway. We'd call, but you are a sleepy head so I'll have to call you before we leave for Emme's first violin lesson. However, til we can get a hold of you - written words will have to suffice -

Happy Birthday to you! You live in a zoo! You smell like a monkey and you look like one too. Just kidding but you know that is definitely Erik, Emme, and Jack's favorite rendition!

We Love you 21-year old!

Anonym sa...

Happy 21st Birthday. Not only are you a member of the Rogers family, but also the extended family "up north" in Wisconsin. God Bless you and in your future endeavors.

Predident Hayward sa...

Happy Birthday Aud from the folks up in Wisconsin. Remember this, you will always be part of our extended family and are always welcome in our home. Karen and I will see you in Norway in 3 years, if not before.God Bless you.