søndag 13. mai 2007

The mountains...

I decided Thursday evening that I would use my two days off to go up in the mountains. It was always two years since last year I went hiking up to my parents cottage... My dad said I could bring his dog, something I really regreted later... The dog is almost years old and not very well trained. She was jumping up on me, and did not listen to anything I said... Really annoying!!!! Im having a biology test on Monday and brought a book so I could study... So here is what I did, I hiked for an hour and then stopped and read a chapter... And then when I was walking I went through all the information and talked with myselv while I was walking... It is pretty nice when there is nobody around you! You can sing, screem and whatever you want to do! But back to the problem. The dog jumped into every muddpuddle we saw, and then when I tried to study, she jumped on me and made pawprints in my book. And then when I tried to eat, she would not leave me alone!!! Stupid dog... Thats all I can say...

But everything else was absolutely beatiful. I really enjoyed beeing up in the mountains all by myself. It's really relaxing to get away from everything. No cellphones, no tv, no ipod or computers and no electrcity(or we have a little energy now, by solar power)... So it's kind of like going 50 years back in time. So I brought my biology book and my knitting and then everything was perfect! Unless the dog, which stole all the shoes in the hallway and started chewing on them.

I had the perfect weather too. It was very sunny and about 50 F... But very cold! There's a lot of wind on the top of the mountains. It was also a lot of snow still... Some places I went sliding down the hills, it was easier than walking... so much fun!

Well...To all americans, when you come to norway I'll show you the beatiful nature here... Our God created a beatiful world, and Im so happy to be a part of it! What a wonderful maker...

3 kommentarer:

Anne Berit sa...

Å, fytti! Nå friste du meg her! gleeede meg t alle turane me ska ha i sommar langt inne på heie, langt vekke frå sivilisasjonen..me sauebreking og bjødle og sol (og kanskje litt skodda?;p) og bading og go gang:) Ahh..

Leslie Rogers sa...

I agree Anne Berit! :)

Anne Berit sa...

Hehe..konge:)