Today was a hard day at work... Everything went fine until I was almost done cleaning. My job today was to clean the bathrooms and the hallway in one building, that all the campers use. The problem is just that it's always crowded there, and you can't just close it. So we usually clean it while they have a Bibelstudy/sermon at 10am. It's in the same building, but we usually close the doors so I don't disturb. Well, I was done with the bathrooms, and almost done with the hallway. But suddenly a man(maybe 50 years old) turns toward me and tell me with a strikt voice, that I can't clean while they are preaching Gods words. And he told me in a very rude voice. So I just took my mob, and viped the little rest of the floor. But there was a mat on the floor that I had to put back in there (it keeps sand from coming in). But when I asked him very polite to move a little, he just ignored me and I didn't know what to do. So I just decided to put it down right next to were it's supposed to be, and leave. But when I did so, he turned to me again, and told me that I had to get my butt out of there. If I didn't want to listen to Gods words, I shouldn't disturb everyone else! I was deeply shocked. If I had the opurtunity, I would really have been in there listening. But someone needs to do the cleaning and make food for all the people too. If we didn't use our summer break to help there, they couldn't arrange Biblecamp. And there he was, making me fell like I was a non christian trying to disturb the sermon. I got so upset and sad that I started crying. So I told my boss. He almost knew which guy it was, before I showed him. Someone had been talking to him in such a way too because they didn't get as many rooms as they wanted because of a missunderstanding(caused by themself)... IT SO UPSETTING! This guy was so conservative, that he meant it was wrong with people singing in the sermon. He said they took the honor away from Gods words. My boss went to talk to this guy, and he just ignored him and took himself in defense. Then all the responsible for Bibelcamp tried to talk to him, but he didn't listen to anybody. So at the end, my boss told him that he wasn't welcome there anymore... That has never ever happend before!
So it's been a very interresting day... Some people are weird...!
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar