onsdag 18. juli 2007

God has a plan with your life!

Im youth leader at the bibelcamp this week, and it has made me think of lots of things. I alone feel pretty young and small to do something like that. I feel that everybody else know so much more about the Bible. But there is one thing that Im really burning for right now. I have been listening for lots of songs that are talking about a light, and that we are supposed to shine. If there is one thing I know for sure, then it is that I want to shine like the sun. I want to be a light in this world, and show that I have something that really matters. There is a reason why God created me, and I know that he is using me in his plan. It might look like Im not doing anything special and my life feels empty sometimes. But I know for sure that Jesus saved me. And he died for the rest of the world too. Nothing else really matters here in the world. We are to be lights and salt, and tell people about Jesus. He is our saviour and lord.

So to whoever is reading this... God has a plan for you. He is you maker and creater of everything. He knows everything even before it happens. And when things look dark and hard, he is with you right beside you. So we should be worshiping him with our lives everyday. Sometimes I ask myself, what have I done today for Gods glory? Did I live for Jesus, and tell people about him today? It's not like I feel like I have to do somthing to be a christian, because I know that Jesus did it all. But I have a wish to be a light for someone.


Here is a song by Matt Redmann that really means a lot to me. It's called shine...

Lord we have seen the rising sun, awakening the early dawn,
And we´re rising up to give you praise.
Lord we have seen the stars and moon, see how they shine,
They shine for you,
And You´re calling us to do the same.
So we rise up with a song, and we rise up with a cry
And we´re giving you our lives.

We will shine like stars in the universe,
Holding out Your truth in the darkest place.
We´ll be living for Your glory,
Jesus we´ll be living for Your glory.
We will burn so bright with Your praise O God,
And declare Your light to this broken world.
We´ll be living for Your glory,
Jesus we´ll be living for Your glory.

Like the sun so radiantly
Sending light for all to see,
Let your holy church arise
Exploding into life,
Like a supernova´s light,
Set your holy church on fire;
We will shine.
So we rise up with a song, and we rise up with a cry
And we´re giving you our lives.
Jesus, we will shine.

So here is an advice for you. Be a light in this world and shine like stars in the universe. And still if Im small and weak, Jesus is there to help me and put his words in my mouth. I'll do my best, and Jesus will do the rest!

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Amen Aud!

If it is Thy will Lord then let Thy will be done through me and if I am alive today then I will do Thy will with thy help. (my prayer to start the day and before my affirmations)

Keep on reflecting the light and letting others see.

You are clearly blessed with many abilities. Thanks for being one of our blessings. The purpose that God has for you and all of us is known by Him, it does not always make sense to us.

Keep praying, studying, and doing and the purpose will unfold - in His time - not ours!

Shine on Aud!

Your Wisconsin fans...

Leslie Rogers sa...

Job 11:7-9 - Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty? They are higher than the heavens - what can you do? They are deeper than the depths of the grave - what can you know? Their measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea.

Boy - what powerful words you wrote, Aud. God definitely has a plan for us all - all we can do is not limit Him! Thank you for shining Aud (Chris too)!

Anonym sa...

Dear Aud,
We so look forward to your blogs. It keeps us in touch with a sweet girl from Norway that our whole family fell in love with. We have all seen what special talents God has given you and we have pictures to prove it. Karen and I are looking forward to our trip to your Country, and we have 3 years to start making all of our plans. We hope that you will be around to give us the "Grand Tour". We in the North say "HI" to ya all.
Ron & Karen Hayward