lørdag 13. oktober 2007

This day are in the hands of the lord

Jeremiah 29, 11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

This day has been one of my hardest in life so far. Sitting next to my grandpa, and knowing that he is fighting for his next breath. It's so terrible sad, but at the same I know it's going to be a vitory. My grandpa will meet Jesus and my grandma soon. I can't even imagine how happy he will be then.

But, it's so very hard for us to let go. There are so many happy memories and thoughts. My grandpa lived right next door, and he was watching us all the time when we grew up. He taught me math, and so many other things. My Grandpa has been a great man, for his family, for the community, and even the country. He has received an honor medal in silver from the king in Norway, for special things that he has done in his life. Im so PROUD to be his granddaughter!

So, here I am. Supposed to be all exited about Kenya, and I really am. But there has been so much going on this week. I need to finish packing. Maybe I leave to go to Oslo tomorrow, maybe not....

But though it all I know that God is with me and my family. And when I read the verse Jeremiah 29,11 it really hit me. We have a hope and a future in all things that are hard, and God knows the plans he has for us.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Aud:

We hope that you are able to spend some last great moments with your grandfather before you depart for Africa. One thing you can be confident in is that he will be in a great place and that you will see him again.

Brekk is going to go to Clarkesville with jenny, Kelly and Grandma this Thursday and will be there to celebrate Leslie's Birthday - wish we could all be there.

You are in our prayers.

The Haywards

Stacy sa...

Know that we all love you, Aud. Death certainly can bring great sadness to a family. What a joy and blessing to have so many memories with your grandpa. What a joy to know that he is in heaven. For you, God certainly has great plans. Bring that joy of Jesus to the people of Kenya. We will be anxious to hear your stories. Love in Him, The Lindharts