mandag 22. oktober 2007

Some pictures!!!


Here are some pictures formm were we stay in Nairobi. It's a very nice place. The people are very helpful and so kind. Compared to norwegians they are much more open, and smiling!

Yesterday we went to a local lutheran church that we were invited to. They asked us to sing in both sermons. First one in english, and then one in swahili. I liked the one in swahili the most. They had so much rythm and the people were really singing and dancing with their whole body.

Last night we were invited to the norwegian embassy residence. In Norway there was a tv-money-collection going on. And parts of the money would go to unicef in Kenya. So they had a big dinner, with norwegian food. Then there were kind of a conferense about the humanitarian work. At the end, we were supposed to watch the norwegian tv show about Kenya, but they couldn't get it to work. But it was so much fun just to be there. We felt like royal, because we got to eat on plates and silverware with the the royal norwegian emblem. How cool!!! I had to get a picture of it...

Today we had Kenyas national dish for lunch. It's called ugali, and it's kind of a pudding made of corn. And then we got a stew with different vegetables with it. It was very good.

I also got my first real question in swahili today... or at least one I understood ;-)A seller at a christian bookstore asked me... unatoka wapi(means, where do you come from)... and I answeared ninatoka Norway... And he smiled at me, like I had given him the best thing on earth... And then he tried to teach me all kind of sayings... I love it. It's so much fun to be here.

We have also started to study the bible. I think it's really inspiring to be here, and see how the missionwork is done. There is really something that we can bring to people in Kenya, at the same time I think we will learn at lot from them. Thanks for all the comments and prayers. You are all in my thoughts too!!!

Lots of hugs from Kenya





2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Oh, I just love that place. Have you seen the pretty litle school? It is just so sweet... You are so lucky. I really would have liked to be there with you. Have you been to Karen? The Giraffesenter?

We are coming soon ;)

Giraffe

Leslie Rogers sa...

Hi Aud,

PLEASE make those pictures bigger! It was so great to see where you are. It looks so lovely. How long will you be there?

Love you so! The Rogers