onsdag 24. oktober 2007

I've learned my first biblevers in Swahili...



Niweza kiukabili kila hali kwa ni Kristo hunipa nguvu-Wafilipi 4,13

Today I bought a new testament in Swahili and English. When we go to a swahili sermon, I can read it in english as well as Swahili...

We are having bibleschool every day. And I find it very interresting. Right now we are using a book called, where you are(der du er, paa norsk). It is very inspiring, and try to help you to be a Christian in your everyday life. How to be a vitnes for you friends and all the people around you. How can we make friends that are not Cristian and build good relationsship with them. Our book tell us that 80% of people who become Christian have a good friend that is a Christian. We have a very important job to be that friend to someone who needs us.

Today we have also had two people from Kenya teach us about African culture. There was so much I didn't know. Their culture is so very different from ours. But I think it's cool how we can communicate even though we have so many differences. And I think it's very important for us to try to understand and accept their culture the way it is. We want to learn something about Jesus this year, and tell others. But I also think that we will learn alot from the African people.

So far they have really impressed me. I've never meet people that are so open, welcoming, helpsome and smiling. I wish we could be like them in many ways.



4 kommentarer:

Leslie Rogers sa...

Aud,

Thanks for your update. Boy, simultaneously in the role of a teacher and a student. Isn't it wonderful? It really is challenging to truly accept differences and come to grips with the fact that just because we were raised for 18+ years doing something doesn't make it the right way; however, we have to realize that others are feeling similarly.

Of course, there is no compromising with the bible but thank you for modeling for all of us as to how we can truly be servants and humble in His name.

Also, thank you for praying for Kristian and his soldiers. We are praying for you and your friends as well.

Love you,
The Rogers

Anonym sa...

Mojo..embili.. fillen! huske kje meir..blei ei korte snøfonn d!! Haha..

Anne sa...

hey hey:)
så kjekkt at du oppdatere:D ja me har masse å læra a afrikanara, sko ønska nordmenn konne smilt bare litt mer kver dag, bare d hadde jo våre konge..:P take care! :)

Anonym sa...

Hei Aud!
Så flott blogg du har. Det er så trivelig å lese at du trives og har det bra. Håper og ber om at tiden her i Kenya kan være med å gi deg noe for resten av livet. Du er flott å ha i gruppen.
Ole JOhan Kiplesund