Our group/bibleschool is called TeFT. That is a norwegian word that means that you are inspirered to do something. And we want to inspire to serve the lord. In Kapenguria we made a sign. We want to shine for Jesus.
This picture was taken our last day in Pokot. Here with Ingrid Næss and Jostein Holmedal which are missionaries.
I had fun with my knitting/crochet. It was cool, because even though I didn't know how to speak their national language I could show them how to do it.
Every day we had lessons from the Bible. We also learned a lot about prayers. Jostein was our teacher in Pokot.
Uno is the game above all games in our group. WE have special TeFT rules for the game. It's a hit!

Some of us went to Uganda to visit a brand new church there. They started the church in April and there was aabout 150people that came to the service, which was under a tree. This was the youth choir...
This is from Rorok where we had an open meeting under a tree. Our group sang some songs in Pokot, Swahili and English. And then we had testemonies, before Philip(a pastor)preached in the Pokot language.
I was reading from the Bible about sheep in the Bible.Jesus said that we are all like sheep, and he is our sheperd. And while I was telling them about this,crowds of sheep walked by. Most of the people in Pokot are farmers, and their wealth are their cows and animals. In their culture the cows have been more valueable than their wives. It tells us something about how important it is to own a cow. No cow, no status. While I was talking about Jesus, the man in the picture translated into Pokot. He also recorded what we said with his cell.
This is the kind of car that we drove around in. The "roads" are interresting. Holes, rivers and driving in the bush is always an adventure. There is also lots of people that want to hitchhike.
While we were in Kapenguria there was a peace race. Tegla Loroupe is a famous female runner that comes from this area. The Peacerace is named after her. We ran 10km on an elvations of 2000meters above the ocean. It was very warm and hard. But I made it! I ran the whole time...
The african kids are so cute.
On the last Saturday in Pokot we went to an african wedding. It was supposed to start at 1pm, but they were not married before 6pm. It was pouring down with rain. The car which was bringing the bride also got a flat tire. And then it took forever before anything happended. It was an interresting experience, but never again!
I like to think about that Jesus loves all the little children. No matter who they are or where they live. He wants them to be his children. I have had so much fun playing with african kids. They don't care if you know the language. They are so very happy to be seen, and get some attention.
Last Thursday we had a very special night here in Nairobi. Prayer was in focus, and it was also the Lords supper. We had different sections were you could light candles for people you are praying for, you could have someone pray for you, put a prayer request in a bowl, be still with the lord or put your burdens at the cross. (We had made a cross and you could put a rock down)
Today my sister and brother in law are coming. They will stay until the 4th, and we are going on a vacation. So if I don't write in a while:
God Jul
Frohe Weihnachten
Merry Christmas
Feliz Navidad
Krismasi Njema
4 kommentarer:
Merry Christmas Aud!
Leslie, Emme, Eric, and Jack arrive in Milwaukee today - we are so excited to see them. Stacy, Jim, Tyler, Michael and Maddie will arrive tomorrow. It will be great to have the entire family together for the Hayward/Wegmann children's Christmas service in Okauchee on Sunday. We hope you feel our prayers for you and your mission and we hope you have a great time with your sister and brother-in-law. God's blessings on your life in 2008!
The Haywards
Well... I wish I could be there with all of you!!!! When I heard that the Rogers were going to Milwaukee I wanted to go too!!! I really hope that you get a nice time together. And give everybody lots of greetings and hugs from me if you read this!!!
We do feel that people are praying for us. I haven't been sick yet. And usually people get sick very fast here because of the food. We have also met so many people and sold so many Christians books. It's really a blessing to be here! People really appreciate everything we do, and we are welcomed with open armes everywhere! So please keep on praying, and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers too...
I wish you a very special Christmas with everyone!!! A very very big Christmas hug from Africa!!!
God jul vennen! Kosa deg masse masse masse! Tenke på deg! Glad i deg:)
Wow du oppleve masse!!d e bra:D håbe du har ei fine jul å godt nyttår:D:D håbe 2008 blir et bra år for deg...:D
klem
Legg inn en kommentar