There is not so much new to tell all of you. I'm working a LOT... just to save up enough money for Kenya... And can you belive it, in one month, I'll leave my mom and dads house and go to Oslo. We will spend 5days there, and then we fly to Kenya. That is really really weird. It's kind of like I know Im going there, but I can't imagine what it will be like.
People ask me what Im most exited about, and why I'll go there. It makes me stop and think about it. I go there because I think I can bring people some of the good news. But Im also very exited that people from Kenya will be teaching us. I think an experience like that will change the way you think and act against others.
I know we will see things that are good and bad. Im not really looking forward to seeing all the poor kids and the hopelessness. But then there is an even bigger reason for us to help and care for others. We are really, really lucky. We grow up with everything we need. Food, clothes, house, money, school, and friends. And we are so lucky that we get to hear about Jesus, and that he has saved us. Some people in Africa has never heard the name of Jesus or that he died for them... Someone needs to go tell them! I don't think I could be a missionary, because Im not the big preacher. But I'll go do my best. My purpose for this trip is to be a light in the dark world and let my light shine on others. That's what Im most exited about!
On the other hand, Im very exited to practice my "little swahili" and meet people from another culture. I hope to make lots of new friends...!
So, when everyone else that is my age, is studying hard, and I feel that im wasting my life(not really, but some people thinks that) I know that God has a plan with everything, and I got to follow his directions.
Well. I didn't plan to post a blog tonight. I've been working both nightshift and then an afternoonshift today... So I better get some sleep, before I go to work tomorrow morning. It's crazy... Im starting to feel at home at the nursinghome...Or not really, thinking about all the alzheimers patients that im taking care of. They are so funny, but can be very very annoying to sometimes. But you just gotta love them for who they are, and how they act.
God natt
Gute Nacht
Good Night
Lala Salama
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar