fredag 24. juli 2009

Poem

Today I got a very nice card in the mail from Leslie's mom, Karen. She wrote me a poem as a congratulation for getting into medical school this year. I thought it was so neat that I wanted to share it will all of you (I hope you don't mind Karen...)

It's a wonderful day
I woke up to hear daughter Leslie say
"AUD HAS BEEN ACCEPTED TO MEDICAL SCHOOL!"
What joyous news and what can we give you
A doctor coat?
A stethescope?
You have given us so much:
Those clever, thoughtful Norwegian greetings
the beautiful Norwegian mittens
that very pretty handmade butterfly plate
The LOVE and CARE you have shown
our family especially Emme, Erik and Jack
The example you've shown as a young
Christian woman, the sense of hope in
the future trough your healing hands
and heart and spirit.

What gladness reigns at your good news
you will be a wonderful doctor.
with love and every-good wish for your future
And thanks to God who has given you the
desire of your heart
- Ron and Karen

I just want to say thank you so much. I am really blessed that have both a norwegian and an american family! I love you so much, and I will miss all of you :-) I really hope you will come and see me in Norway sometime, because you are very VERY welcome. Now I know for sure that I will be in Bergen for the next six years...



Ingen kommentarer: