So I'll post some pictures from the Smithsonian Museum I went to. I went to the National Air and Space Museum's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Virginia. It displays more than 150 aircraft and 148 airspace artifacts. The aircraft and spacecraft are displayed in huge open hangars on the main floor, where visitors can walk among them, and on two levels suspending from the ceiling.












There were so many cool planes!
Mars Pathfinder Lander and Sojourner Rover...
Mars Pathfinder was the first spacecraft to land on the red planet since the two Viking landers in 1976. It was launched on December 4th 1996 and reached Mars on July 4th in 1997.
The Sojourner studied the Martian surface, took images, and examined surface composition with an x-ray spectrometer.
The massive space shuttle Enterprise is the centerpiece of the James S McDonnell Space hangar. It's NASA's 1981 test vehicle. It is used for flights in the atmosphere and test on the ground. Although Enterprise never flew in space, it introduced a new era in space transportation and was the flagship for a fleet of reusable shuttles.
The fastest jet ever built, the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird...
The last plane here caught my attention because of it's sign...
2 kommentarer:
GO JUL!!!=D
Merry Christmas Audie!! I hope that you had a great one!! Glad that you got to spend it with your parents. I love the pictures from TN --- miss being home this year!! Have a wonderful Christmas friend!!
Legg inn en kommentar