onsdag 24. desember 2008

God Jul!

I made it back home safely last night :-) It took me about 30 hours to get all the way home. I had a lot of layovers at the different airports but that was ok. I Washington DC(Dullas) i left the airport and went to the air and space museum. That was a very interesting! I took lots of pictures so I'll try to upload some later :-)


I was going to get up early and get everything ready for Christmas. But it didn't work out that way! I forgot to change the time on my cellphone, so the alarm didn't go off :-) But I don't feel tired today, so thats good. I never get to sleep very much when I go on the plane.

Yesterday when I was waiting at the airport I meet a person that was supposed to go home for Christmas. He was a military soldier and had a 15 day leave. Something came up so he missed his flight to Seattle. Because of the bad weather they told him that no more planes were allowed to land at the airport in Seattle. So this poor young had tried really hard to get tickets so he could go home and see his family in Washington state before he was deploying in January. So he told me that after trying really hard he got some new tickets first a ticket to another airport(i don't remember which army base he work at...) then he had to wait there for two days, after that he flew in to Dullas(where I meet him). He also had to stay there 2 days before he could fly to Colorado(where he also had to wait for 2 days. So this guy had paid 1200 $ and he wasn't even sure that he would make it all the way home! I felt really bad for him, but there wasn't anything I really could do about it. So he was not going to get home before the 26 at the soonest. Poor guy!

So Im so happy to be safely home in my parents house. And I even got to celebrate Christmas with my family in the US! How great isn't that? Two Christmas celebrations in one year! Thanks everybody! But most of all am I thankful for Jesus. He is the best gift! If he never came we wouldn't have anything to celebrate! That's something to think about. Jesus is the Incarnation, the embodiment of God the son in human flesh as Jesus Christ.

Merry Christmas everybody

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Aud, From the Haywards of West Milwaukee to our adopted Daughter in Norway, a very MERRY CHRISTMAS & a wonderful NEW YEAR. We are glad that you arrived safely.