I miss Tennessee, and the southern speaking people. :-) So, I thought this was funny!!! Just a little part of the book....
All folks tawk funny, don't they? Yes suh. aftah listenin' to the speech uv people frum all ovah ('n not hardly undahstanding'half uv whut they wuz tryin' to say!) we have all decided thet folks definetly do tawk funny everwhair... everwhair except in the South!
Heah, yawl will discovah thet the English language iz spoke like it oughta be spoke.
Life iz short 'n full uv blisters.
A good run iz bettah than a bad stand.
Take no more on yoah heels than yuh kin kick off with yoah toes.
Sharp a a mothah-in-law's tongue
Wet as a drowned rat
Knive's so dull thet it wudn't cut hot buttah
Tennessee- TIN-UH-SEE
Nashville- NASH-VUL
"Son, yeh ain't goin' to thet movie."
But most of all I miss all the great people that I got to spend so much time with!!! :-) YOU'RE THE BEST!
3 kommentarer:
Aud,
Boy, do we miss you too. You have made such an indelible mark on us that Jack now does not understand the cutthroat nature of the Olympic games. "What, you want to cheer for both US and Norway? I don't think so young man! Get your head in the game, boy (a little southern myself), and stop going soft on us!" Too funny.
Although we may not cheer for the Norges in a US-Norge match, we will always be your biggest cheerleaders! (Boy, should I write for Hallmark Cards or what!?!?).
God bless you, Aud! We love you so.
TN Rogers' Crew
Aud, I think that we need for you to come back to Wisconsin/Minnesota because we have to up date our photos. As I look at the "family" picture, our Kids have grown by "leaps and bounds". Karen & I are going to spend some time with the Rogers next week so we'll be sure to give them a big hug for you. God Bless.
aud did you know maddie is not in that picture!funny
Legg inn en kommentar