mandag 26. mai 2008

Happy Birthday Erik!!!!




The first time I met Erik was 2 years and 9 months ago. I had only heard about him through emails and a few phonecalls. But I really remember his 3rd birthday. I was in Norway, and I had matched with the Rogers family a few weeks ago.

Little did I know about my future when I crossed the Atlantic ocean the first time. I was afraid to loose my flights, get lost and loose my suitcases. And at the same time I was nervous for what was waiting me. I had a really good feeling about the family that I matched with. But I was scared that my English wasn't good enough, or that they would not like me. And what if they didn't show up on the airport? What would I do...?

Well I jumped into the adventure, and I have never regretted it at all. I have been so blessed to get to know the Rogers, their family and friends, and a lot of other cool people in the US.




Erik, It's your day today, and I really wish that I could be there and celebrate it with you. I know you are so exited to be 6. It was so cool to come back and see you this spring. I loved to watch you play baseball, you are so good! I also enjoyed running around the house with you... the neighbors thought we were crazy, but who cares!?!

You are so talented and such a cool dude! I love you and miss you soo!!!! By the way, can you send me some of your birthday cake? *just kidding*

Ingen kommentarer: