onsdag 7. mai 2008

Brekk's story


When we were up in Wisconsin Brekk wrote this story on my computer. I though it was cool, so I promised to put it on my blog. Brekk is 10 years old, and lives in Wisconsin. She is Jack, Erik and Emmes cousin.

Mount Galdhøgpiggen
Mount Galdhøgpiggen is a mountain, of course. It is actually the tallest mountain in Norway. Well, to my story: I am Jallehin and I live a mile away from the mountain. I live in an orphanage and it is the best in all of Norway. It is a specialty orphanage for people who need special care. I bet you are wondering why I am there or if I have a disability. I guess they overruled me and sent me there. I have a learning disability. A one degree, which is very good. The people go a little nuts and send anyone who has the slightest disability there. I miss Milach and Soloch, my sisters. My parents died 8 years ago, and I’ve been stuck here since last May because the orphanage supervisors found out about my, well, “disability”. I think it is stupid that I have to stay all day long and do my lessons twice. I hear from Milach and Soloch often and they say they are having a hard time at their orphanage. When I got back to my apartment that day, after my last lessons, I found that my mail bin had a note in it. I opened the note and it wrote:

Dear Jallehin,
We are getting the best thing that ever happened to us at our orphanage. We get to come and climb Mt. Galdhøgpiggen!! My organizer is very nice to us and will let us come and see you! I know it’s only been from May but it feels like it’s been ages. Well, can’t wait! I love you! Lala Salama!

Love,
Milach and Soloch

It was very good to hear from Soloch and Milach, but I wasn’t very prepared. They didn’t give me a date, so I should be prepared. I told my orphanage supervisors and unfortunately I got stuck with the mean one. The mean supervisor said that I could have absolutely no contact with Milach and Soloch.
Miss Janine Andrews from America said that if I do it in private, I could plan a special surprise party for them. Miss Janine said she would help.

I am reading a story called “Mountain Girl”. It is a good book. Milach read it before me and said it was the best book she seriously ever read. I love books so Milach said it would be a good book for me.

I have finished my reading lessons and I still have Art for today. I read that Miss Norway won some cool prize like an ipod or something. She is probably one of the only ones in Norway who has an ipod. She is very lucky.

My cousin Elieso sent me a note. He is the heir of the richest man in all of Norway. He sent along 500 kroner for “Something Special”. He also sent me encouragement in whatever I do, but really, nothing in my life will make me more encouraged than seeing Milach and Soloch or bringing my parents back to life.

I feel that it was my fault my parents died because they got into a crash on the way to my friends birthday party, and I didn’t get hurt at all. My other sister Malola was always blaming their death on me and I always thought it was. Until Malola got sick and I found her diary that read that her friend was the one who purposefully crashed into my parents. I cried and cried but told no one. I felt real stupid. She never got yelled at by Aunt Majao because she died from cancer that day. It seems like my family has very bad luck. We believe in God and all have a bible, but it doesn’t seem like God is listening to our prayers.

When I thought my life was about to get better, it got incredibly worse. A couple from America wants to adopt me. I swear if I leave with that couple I will die. I really will. Thankfully they thought better of me and didn’t take me away. Milach and Soloch would be very disappointed in me and me myself.

Milach wrote that Soloch was incredibly sick and dying. I prayed like I never did before, but she died as well. I made a vow that I’d climb Mt. Galdhøgpiggen and with the money that I had, move to the top of the mountain and live there till I die. I am 17, and I have to wait one month to go because soon enough I’d be 18. I’ll be able to be free for the second time in my life.

Thank you for sharing your story Brekk!!! Kelly's story will be coming soon...

3 kommentarer:

Leslie Rogers sa...

Wow Brekk! You are a future NY Times feature writer for sure! How blessed we are to have such amazing nieces and nephews!

Anonym sa...

We are praying that there are no aggressive drivers in our future, that Brekk invites us to the mountain top when she gets there, and that God is a little more responsive on the prayer line:)!

We're all happy to hear that you are home in Norway safely and look forward to searching for Mount Galdhogpiggen with you in the future.

Anonym sa...

Thanks Aud! I can still not believe that my story is on your blog! Thank you so much! Love you! brekk