It's been a very interresting day. When I woke up this morning I didn't know what to expect. The big day when I should pick Becky up at the airport was finally here. So I was hurrying this morning, to get ready to work, and then bring everythig I needed for the car. Well... It didn't turn out that way.
At work I had some episodes with the patients, and I felt like the time went very slow. When a person ask you every minut if you can help them with something you really can't, it's tearing on your patients...! And then when I left work, I was stressed out to get to the airport at the right time. The trafic was very nice, until I got close to the airport. Then suddenly there were cars everywhere... I didn't understand anything. But it turned out that there was an flight show. Planes and fast militeary jets flew in circles and formations up in the air. And later on, I found out that it was a 70 anniversary celebration for the airport. How cool!
Well, I got to the airport and realized that I had a missed call. I saw that it was a Clarksville number, so I thought that Becky might have called. I was wondering if she was already inside the airport looking for me. But no, seconds later she called back. And she was still in Clarksville. The plane out of Nashville was delayed because of bad weather, and the consequenses were that she would be able to connect with her flight in Chicago. So instead of sitting in Chicago for 24 hours, they booked her for the next day, and she'll come tomorrow instead.
I thought it was kind of funny. Poor Becky had to wait for 6 hours at the airport, but it all turned out. I got to see the special show, then I went to visit a friend from high school. It was so much fun. We went shopping. Or it's not quiet right, we went looking for products were the expirations date had expired. It's a special grocery store, where they give you the product for free if you find stuff that are too old. So we found: candies, chocolate and chips for almost 100$... Pretty cool, huh?
Well... I really need to go to bed now. Tomorrow i have to go to work at 7am again, and then Im heading straight to pick up Becky. Hopefully she comes this time!!! Have a good sunday!
2 kommentarer:
Yep, What Aud said happened is so true...sad but true. So I went to the airport to take off tonight (June 2 at 6:00) out of Washington, the girls at the counter looked at me a recognized who I was and said "Oh man...the flight has been delayed. Just enough to where I"ll miss my connecting flight." No big deal right? Just as they were working on the details...oh no the flight got canceled totally!!! So they rebooked me to fly out of Nashville on Sunday at 8:40 am. :) I called Aud and on the pay phone Aud couldn't hear me. So then I called Mike and asked him to call Aud to tell her that I am not taking of tonight b/c of weather and the flight got canceled. She said "YOU"RE KIDDING, RIGHT?!" Mike was like afraid not.
Third time is a charm right?! Lord willing I"ll be in Norway soon!! Look forward to seeing you Audie!! Can't wait!
I cannot wait to hear about it all! I am confidently going to say, "Welcome to Norway, Becky!" Keep us updated!
Legg inn en kommentar