tirsdag 8. mars 2011

Flat tire on my bike...



I woke up the 23rd of February well rested, and pretty relaxed for my anatomy exam, which was that same day. I prepared everything, ate my breakfast, and got ready. I was going to ride my bike, to the location for my upcoming exam. But as soon as I started riding, I found out that my tire was flat... WHAT a bummer! It stressed me out a great deal, and I had to come up with an alternative solution. It all work out in the end, but my adrenalin levels rose a lot that morning. And that was before my exam even started!

But I think my exam went well. There were some thing I didn't know, but I did my best. And it was really a very interesting class. Im very fascinated by how the body is put together in such an amazing way. Every little detail is so important in many ways.

Now we are studying physiology, and thats ok too. But I feel like it is going way over my head right now. So I guess I have a lot of studying to do.

Back to my bike. I had to fix the flat tire. At first I thought about bringing it to a repair-shop. But then I thought-I should know how to fix a flat tire. So then I decided that I had to learn it. So I started with my dear friend google. And there it was, it told me everything I needed to know...The problem was that I couldn't get the tire of the bike. My bike was very cheap, and they put some inexpensive parts on, that made it harder to get it off. At first I didn't have the right tool. Then we bought it. And then I couldn't get the screw loose, it was probably tightened by a machine. But luckily one of my friends which happened to be visiting, fixed the problem...

Yesterday I decided to finish the work, so I took out the inner tube to find the hole. Unfortunately the hole was not possible to fix, so I had to go and buy a new inner tube today.

It all went well until I put the tire back on the bike, and found out that I couldn't get the back-wheel brake to work. Somehow I did something wrong with it.

But since I had to go and do an errand in town, I stopped by the bike-shop. There was a very helpful man who showed me how it was supposed to go, and then fixed the brakes for me. And then when I was going to pay he said it was nothing to pay for.

So now Im one happy girl! My bike is working again:-) And I know how to fix a tire, and how my brakes works. We learn the hard way-thats for sure...

4 kommentarer:

Kjerringa sa...

Fantastisk. Lykken over å lykkes med noe er bare herlig. Tenk i dag snør det her i vårlandet... Grrr. ikkje heilt klar for den kvite herligheten nå nei... Ja ja. I dag starta Noah dagen med å starte med å spørre etter pappa (som er i Sverige) og så var det måååssse...

Leslie Rogers sa...

Good job! I think I know our next adventure....a bike ride across one of the staes that you haven't been to yet. ..... You'll be in charge of bike repairs. ;)

Leslie Rogers sa...

Good job! I think I know our next adventure....a bike ride across one of the staes that you haven't been to yet. ..... You'll be in charge of bike repairs. ;)

Aud Feed Davis sa...

hehe.. That sounds like fun. Lets not pick a state with just dessert incase my knowledge fail on american bikes ;-)