mandag 16. august 2010

Last day at home

...It's a little bit weird because I haven't been much home this summer. I feel like I have been living in a suitcase most of the summer. First I spent 4 weeks in East Africa. That was a great experience and I made a lot of new friends. When I look at my pictures I really miss Kenya. Im really thankful that I got the opportunity to travel back to Africa. People there are so open and welcoming. They share everything they have, and we have a lot to learn from them.

After that I went to Norway, and a couple of days later my brother got married. It was a wonderful wedding, and I was also so lucky to have my american grandparents visiting. They came to celebrate their 50th anniversary. We had a lot of fun traveling around in the southern and western part of Norway. We saw a lot of places that I never saw before. Maybe I should start travel in Norway instead of going abroad, hehe... There are so much beauty in Norway! I just wish that it was cheaper in Norway. In africa you can buy 4 coke, for the price of one in Norway. Or something like it...

When I came back home I went hiking with friends in the mountains. I just love to get up and spend time at our cabin. It's so quiet and you can really relax. No tv or stress! You don't hear any other noises than the wind, birds and sheep. We were also so lucky that we had nice weather some days and went swimming. It was really cold! But it was very refreshing...I think Im spoiled after swimming in the indian ocean(Zanzibar)... The water in Norway is always so cold...brrr!

Back to my busy sommer... When I came back from the mountains I went to a christian youth festival, UL. They had great sermons, and I meet a lot of friends there. At some of the sermons there were more than 3000 people attending. The music was also awesome. One night I was sitting in one of the first rows, and when I turned around and saw all the people praising God I was amazed. Often we feel alone and small as christians. But we are all part of a great fellowship, and one day everyone will worship together in heaven. That will be a very special day!

After 3 days at UL, I went to another christian youth camp in Kristiansand. I spent a week there, helping with the dinner serving, and telling about our trip to Africa. We also had a fundraising day to collect money to CHRISC in East Africa. We got in more than 320 000 NOK (more than 50 000 $) in one day! We had tournaments, a race and some other competitions. It was fun to see that people were doing so much to collect money. And what is even more inspiring is to think about how much money that is in Africa. The money are going to be used to train leaders and make sports activities available for more children in East Africa. It's cool that sports can bring all kind of people together, and be used as a tool to spread the gospel.

Yesterday I came back home. It was nice to sleep in my own bed again. But now I have to start packing my things for Bergen. I will start school again on Wednesday...

Where did the summer go????

1 kommentar:

Kjerringa sa...

You have been very busy... But so have we... We are looking forward to have a visit from you a hole weekend! lol Have a great day at wednesday. Love yah sis...