onsdag 27. mai 2009

May update

Well May is almost over, so I thought I would summarize my life a little. It's been really really busy. I've had 3 exams so far (within 8 days). I have only gotten the results back from an oral Chemistry exam but that one went very well. And then I had 2 exams in Christianity, Religions and Etics(my one year theology study).






I was also helping arranging a pledge run for Chrisc. Chrisc is a Christian Sport organization that helps poor people in Africa, which want to participate in sports. Here in Bergen they have something called *student KRIK*. They have different sport activities as skiing, hiking, mountain climbing, soccer, volleyball, and so on. They arrange trips, and different get-togethers. So we had about 60 students running a run to collect money. They had to find people that would sponsor them for running. So if a person ran 5 laps, he might get 10 NOK pr lap, and maybe someone else would sponsor him with 250 NOK. Well the point is... We collected about 100 000 NOK that day(about 15 700$).... ISN'T THAT AWESOME!?! Some of the people also dressed up, so I will add some pictures!


One Saturday we had a barbeque at my apartment. Just some friends!




And then the 16th of May we were watching Eurovision on TV. It was a blast, because Alexander Rybak from Norway won the competition...





And 17th of May was a big day of celebration since it's our national day. I was not in the best mood, because I had an exam both the 18th and the 19th... But 17th of May was a nice day with friends... all I have to say is:



norwegian flags
bunader
icecream
lots of people
good food
parades

And then I got a new nephew on May 22nd. Noah was 3332grams and 51cm. Iam looking forward to meeting him when im done in Bergen.

Well. I should be studying because I have an exam in biology tomorrow. But I wanted to give you all an update. Im about to move out of my apartment in Bergen. Most of my bags are packed and I have cleaned most of the apartment. It's so weird, I've been in Bergen a whole year. The time has flown by.



The weather in May has been pretty nice. We have had a week with rain, but most of the time it has been sunny. But suddenly while I was writing this blog I looked out of my window and was very surprised....

LOTS OF HAIL! Don't worry we don't have tornadoes in Norway... ;-)

(PS..Karen and Ron I loved your card! Thats was just perfect! Im blessed to know you and your whole family)

1 kommentar:

Leslie Rogers sa...

What a great update! First, congrats on raising so much money. What a spectacular fundraiser! Second, your nephew is beautiful - thanks for the picture. Third, congrats on your exams. Perhaps when you read this you will be ALL done. Yippee! See you soon! Leslie